Neversummer Realms Forums

Official Neversummer Forums for NWN1
It is currently Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:34 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:48 pm 
Noob

I got pked again today while hunting and lost xp again. i told this to my other party member and he brought it to my attention that i should report it.
i threatened to report it and then i got this cryptic message

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:01 pm 
Spamalot

You can be PK'd while in combat with mobs, and if you happen to lose XP, oh well.
As long as your opponent attacks you continuously it is fine.(So says the power that is Tep.)
Getting a raise is a courtesy not a requirement.
If someone wants to be a dick they can be.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:17 am 
Spamalot

It looks like you got killed by a death effect spell by reading the combat log and seeing the fort save.

It could have been lag or some thing of the sort where you at 0 to -9 be for you failed that save? If so that might have had something to do with it.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:12 am 
Noob

I think you lost xp because the Ice Giant Protector attacks you after you missed your save vs death.
The death script must think the Ice Giant Protector has killed you.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:31 am 
Noob

right i got killed by the death spell, dc 39. I was at half or more health at the time. it read that the pk killed me.
I'm getting kinda sick of being constantly harassed no matter where i hunt by pks who just show up out of the blue kill you with something lame like a death spell then walk away. I've lost xp a few times from it and it makes no sense to me to constantly hammer lowbies every five minutes without a small degree of RP.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:43 am 
Relic Raider

That's the problem with bored and immature players abusing the vague PK rules (and I don't want more definitive ones, just some common sense applied).
Sometimes somebody tries to detour them from this senseless hecatomb, but earnestly I'm not interested enough to help the lowbies out. It only leads to shout feasts, which even annoy me more as many players know when I try to point it out :). But that is not the issue now.

I highly recommend to go somewhere else and to explore Aetheria. pwnd and all the affiliated toons might be bored but at least they only hit the highly travelled roads and paths. There are always 2 or 3 alternatives.

Besides a sudden PK spices things up sometimes. Just try not to take it personally, those meaningless PKs are like parasite infestations, you learn to eradicate them eventually :).

Edit: Look below for the Bingo Parasite :).

For the Glory of Torm! Clericus Liberatus Anno Dominis - Gloria Triadis!

Last edited by Nyeleni on Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:47 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:46 am 
Newbie Helper

nenoch wrote:
I'm getting kinda sick of being constantly harassed no matter where i hunt by pks who just show up out of the blue kill you with something lame like a death spell then walk away. I've lost xp a few times from it and it makes no sense to me to constantly hammer lowbies every five minutes without a small degree of RP.

this is a pvp server, and rp is not enforced, usually you will never see someone rp unless it's to please the gods in return for help. if your looking for rp you are on the wrong server.

this thread is no longer about help or support it is about trying to whine about lowbie pking, and this thread should be locked before it gets flamed lol

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:50 am 
Relic Raider

diddy33 wrote:
nenoch wrote:

this is a pvp server, and rp is not enforced, usually you will never see someone rp unless it's to please the gods in return for help. if your looking for rp you are on the wrong server.

this thread is no longer about help or support it is about trying to whine about lowbie pking, and this thread should be locked before it gets flamed lol

I think thou protest too much... The thread is about the loss of xp from getting PKed often. It helps to determine how the xp loss happens if there are repeated events that cause it. If the PKer is consistantly making other players loose xp then perhaps there is an issue on how people are getting PKed and something should be done about it.

If you notice in the SS however it does tell you that the Ice Giant Protector did get the Kill as far as the server is concerned. The notice in Yellow is who got credited with the kill even though "Staff Infection" killed you. That is one of the issues with attacking players in mobs. Even a little bit of damage can "steal" the kill from you and force xp loss.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:45 am 
Pk Bait

I had an issue about two months or so ago when raiding AO. I was killed by and PC cleric with implodes and lost xp because epic NPC defender was attacking me. This ended up appening a second time as well. both times i was 300hp or more and the npcs weren't hitting me just swinging away. I figured it was a lag issue but reading the first post of the thread it may be more than a lag issue. I can't remember if I took SS or not.

Thanks
Moon (TSS)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:47 pm 
Dungeon Master

There is a known bug since time began, that on the rare occasion there might be xp loss on a pk.

It's something we all live with. Devs have done extensive searches for this bug but it has never been found.

Berronar Truesilver - The Revered Mother

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:04 pm 
PKer

I seem to remember discussing something about raising the guys you pk if you attack them while they are engaged. Although, I think that was only if the log said that the mob got the kill, not the player. Sometimes the log goes by too fast, but most pkers will raise you if its obvious that they didn't get the kill.

Of course, then they kill you, and it's respawn time :twisted:

There are some 'quirks' to the pk on this server, and they can only be learned thru time and experience. For your current situation, you can see the response has been 'well it happens to everyone sometimes, and it's not gonna change any time soon'. This is not a bad thing because this bug isn't soloing you out specifically. Think about how many times the guy that just killed you has lost xp/gp in the past, during his time on the server.

If you want to reduce how often you get pk'd then travel the path less traveled. A constant theme you see everywhere, from the location of higher level shops and planes, to jobs, to relic routes, is exploration. The makers of this VAST land actually want people to see their maps and other creations.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:22 pm 
Noob

Image Image
Well my second question was, what was that DM talking about?
i was on for a while after he posted that to me, after that, he never talked to me again.
Why was he threatening to boot me?
I was not spamming, swearing, or nothing. only shout "i lost xp again from being pked" only once. hell i didn't even get in to a conversation with the typical knuckle headed blurbs like "this is a pk server"
that was when my party members told me about reporting this.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:25 pm 
Lord DM Supreme

he was probably sending a tell to someone else and missclicked on your name instead...thus sending you a great message :)

----------------------------------

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:27 am 
Relic Raider

I rather think he is adapting to our nastier gods, like Mask or the other unspeakable one :).

For the Glory of Torm! Clericus Liberatus Anno Dominis - Gloria Triadis!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:25 am 
Newbie Helper

mis-tells happen, that's probably why he said "oh it wasn't you, sorry", and why nothing he was saying to you made sense. . . i remember when i first started on this server, i logged onto my guy to get some play time in and instantly i was given a tell by DM chase. "If I EVER see you doing that again, i will PERMA BAN you!!". . i was like. . all i did was logged in . . . .obviously it was a mistell.