Neversummer Realms Forums

Official Neversummer Forums for NWN1
It is currently Fri Feb 28, 2020 12:33 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:57 pm 
Noob

Hi,
I am posting this because I am in dire need of help. I'm experiencing a weird bug with my character Ulrick Bonebreaker (CLAD). I have no idea why this happened but, long story short, I could not delivery the package I was supposed to for one of my jobs. I tried 3 or 4 times talking to the guy whos responsible for accepting the quest item, but he wont take it. Because of this Im stuck with this quest items in my inventory (and its heavy, like 50 pounds total).
Can any of you DM's help me with this?

Thanks

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:16 pm 
Pk Bait

Try waiting until a reset, maybe it will fix itself?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:26 pm 
Noob

Yeah ive done that already... maybe a dm can just delete the items of my inventory

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:48 am 
Noob

are you sure you found all the right delivery points?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:42 pm 
Spamalot

Just FYI, don't switch jobs before finishing the job your working on. Sometimes it works fine and all is well, other times, everything gets all bugged. This can be accidental too, when not realizing where you are in a job, especially for a build you haven't played for awhile, or got lost in a conversation with the job coordinator.

We follow the righteous path, the path of Helm.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:51 pm 
Dungeon Master

Before asking a DM to remove those items make sure you have gone to all the right places to provide the various outposts with supplies. If we remove a job item and you actually haven;t completed it, it could mess you up.

Fixing jobs on a PC in game are a nightmare for both DM's and Dev's. Sometimes it goes very smoothly other times your looking at deleting that character to repair the job.

Berronar Truesilver - The Revered Mother

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:17 am 
Noob

Yes, I am positive I went to the right place. I did this quest with a different character already. Ok, this is my theory of how this really happened. There is this quest where you have to talk to 15 NC NPC troops scattered in the NC perimeter okay. What happened is that I think for me this quest was bugged, or accidentally I bugged it. Anyway, I completed this quest, and instead of talking to the guy in the NC barracks to lv me up to lv 2 for this job, I spoke with the guy who gave me the quest again, after a reset. So instead of sending me to the other guy (the chief who I report to), I took the quest a second time.
I ended up doing this quest 3 times because I thought it was just a matter of the server reseting and restarting my quest. So then a DM told me to instead of keep taking the quest, to just talk to the guy I report to. And instead of setting me to lv 2, he set me to lv 3 and I could take the delivery job, but now I cant deliver the items. What I believe is that the quest system is considering this quest is done already (since its a lv 2 quest, and once u finish u lv up to lv3) for my character, since my char is lv 3 without ever doing this second job.

Well, like I said before, I went to the post place where I am supposed to do the delivery like 4 times already, I dont believe it will solve if I try to go after another reset.

How can this problem be fixed?

Thanks for all the help so far.

Fernando/Akae/Ulrick Bonebreaker (CLAD)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:50 am 
Dungeon Master

Look me up in game. Not sure if this particular PC can be fixed. However, there are still some options that will get you fixed one way or another.

Berronar Truesilver - The Revered Mother

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:32 am 
PKer

Just weighing in here, but this happens to me frequently with the arcanum supplies. There's no sure-fire way to fix it in-game, but leaving Sanctum Arcanum and then returning and speaking with Armsmaster Cerice has worked 9 times out of 10.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:49 pm 
Noob

Kim, when are you going to be online?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:04 pm 
Spamalot

I have to agree with having the Sanctum arcanum package getting bugged the most with me.

Your idea is good, which often works for me with the shop keeps, preventing them from stealing the stuff I just bought

We follow the righteous path, the path of Helm.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:47 pm 
Noob

Kim,

you reseted my chars bugged quest tree. But I tried signing in for the job and I cant, since it already recognize my char as a lv 3 and with no quests done. Weird...

What would be the alternatives Kim?

Tks,

Fernando

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:01 pm 
PKer

You can wait till level 40 till you start your jobs. Your level should have no effect, except in the case that a minimum level is required.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:07 pm 
Noob

ill decide it with Kim...
PM me Kim?
ok tks