Neversummer Realms Forums

Official Neversummer Forums for NWN1
It is currently Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:23 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 11:46 pm 
Spamalot

When are we going to start playing PVP? Not this 20 ppl in a party crap? Let the game end where it began. Maybe you DM's will log on more often?

The stick in the arse will only last for so long, what doo you have to lose for a 10 year old game?

Lower the creature level to obtain more players, to obtain a more money base. Same rules, but the one pking at a spawn point you might want to change.

What do you have to lose?

This is a PVP server right?

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 2:32 am 
Absentee Ballot Dev

In the words of Lokey (paraphrasing): "This is a do what you like that doesn't involve being a dick server"

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 5:48 pm 
PKer

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 10:18 pm 
Spamalot

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 2:20 am 
Absentee Ballot Dev

Yes, hence you can do what you like provided you're not being a dick, lol. Its kind of always been the deal - maybe your standards of dickiness are lower than mine or something.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 9:45 am 
Lord DM Supreme

actually, Lokey wrote/helped with some of the basic code NS was built with. Not the best work, but it was the best they could do at the time with the limited amount of hacks ppl had made into this game.

I'm pretty sure he's been around longer than anyone on this server, like...ns2 or something.

----------------------------------

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 6:35 pm 
-2 Penalty in Daylight

Yah, end of NS2, though I'd stopped by when it was only the arena and NS back in the distant past.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 10:36 pm 
Professor Nerfalicious

There's a lot of "good old days" talk on the forums here... and main thing that was good back in the day was the # of players. I think the quality of the subraces, maps, gear, balancing, stability, etc. of the server has primarily increased over time.

[ Brilhasti ap Tarj ]
[ ...Darkfalz... ]
[ Azchekelon ]

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 10:37 pm 
Pk Bait

I've been playing since 2008, so post beta and after the server wipe in 2006ish.

I like where the game stands right now. The whole "server party 20 people in group" thing only happens one night a week. All other times relics are going back and forth. This is satisfactory in my opinion. During 4 hours out of the whole week we get to relax and shoot-the-s**t with old timers from all the other factions. This gives everyone, new and old, a chance to socialize with off-faction PvPers who would otherwise be killing them the rest of the week. Though this is a PvP server, the "do what u like, but no griefing" rules incentivizes players of all inclinations. The fact that we are free to choose to PvP or PvM without some directive pushing us toward one over the other is a huge bonus for people who are still making up their mind on staying or leaving.

High end gear should be reserved for a well coordinated party with premeditation, not something you can just pound out with a spontaneous lfp. If you take this away, you do away with a PvM aspect that many of us have been enjoying over the past few years.

If you want to create attractive incentives for new players, then lowering the annoyances of 1-35 leveling and gear acquisition would be a good start. But the big baddies (G1, Tu'Narath bosses, Celestia bosses, etc), those guys are just fine where they are. There are many non-epic areas that are begging for CR revamps and tweaks (ie the elemental planes). Areas such as those, where bosses hold level 30 gear, could be tweaked in xp, difficulty, and overall "annoyance" factor of particular mobs reduced (ie earth guardian: mords, dispels, heals, all uncounterable) to encourage players to attempt the plane and boss encounters more often. I can't count how many times I've heard, "Acolyte, haha not worth the trouble" or "Lord of the Flames, drop is gimmicky, and haha not worth the trouble" or "skip the guardians, don't want to keep rebuffing every five minutes".

As far as making more incentives for participating in PvP, yea we are due for some DM sponsored PvP events.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 11:19 pm 
Lord DM Supreme

be aware...ns3.5 is a pve server with some very high end magic gear.

i can solo ever boss/gear drop in that entire server with a single char. get a couple of us and we can farm bags of gear all day every day. ask DM Sun or Fang...both have seen my farming and both have tried to stop me, not even 50 black phoenix's can do it :)

going one way or the other doesnt make the server better, it just makes them one way or the other.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 11:24 pm 
Spamalot

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 4:00 am 
-2 Penalty in Daylight

I also have regrets that there were things left for Bril to ruin.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 12:31 pm 
Dungeon Master

LoL, there were more than 50 Tep - I filled the room with them.

It was a fun fight - I still do events like that on occasion - there are 3-4 players with toons that basically can't be killed - everyone else is toast.

:twisted: :lol: :twisted: :lol: :twisted:

"to subjugate the enemy's army without doing battle is the highest of excellence."

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 6:13 pm 
Lord DM Supreme

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 10:39 pm 
-2 Penalty in Daylight

Meh, judging by which equip the guildies steal off our characters, they didn't learn anything. (There's at least a few other people who have built unkillables around ns3, and unkillable isn't _that_ hard even now, it's just combining it with something that doesn't take all day to kill things. Granted unkillable was a lot easier when the Divine Robes were crazy good with no class restrictions.)