Neversummer Realms Forums

Official Neversummer Forums for NWN1
It is currently Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:16 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: DMz
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:43 pm 
PKer

So there we were, doing battle with the dastardly DMz, we’ve got em outnumbered 5 to 4, 7 to 4 if you count the death’s accomplices. Poor, poor ‘tep is greasing the floor with his blood.

I’m standing next to the cradle hoping I can pick up the relic before Phalanx does, I want the glory dangit! That and I’ve popped off too many hellballs in our own MA cradle and the Garagothians look at me sideways every time I walk into town.

Success!! I pick up the relic, and of course the DMz enter the room right at that moment, to try and kill me in my moment of weakness, without buffs. Well I start buffing, ready to interject a couple heals if needed when a Wail of the Banshee goes off and kills me.

HOW can this be? How does one of the chosen of Cyric fall so easily?!?!?!

By crazy8or5e at 2009-07-30

Oh well, 77 DC Wail of the Banshee, not much goin to survive that, luckily we’re not all bunched up around the cradle. And Phalanx picks up the fallen relic and then rezzes me, but lo and behold the floor is greased with James Bond grease. Who knew that ‘tep had Q from James Bond supplying him with superspy/license to kill style grease.

By crazy8or5e at 2009-07-30

We all know that you cheat ‘tep and its funny when you do for the most part when it’s just random encounters.

But in the relic warfare, there is an expected decorum, where people will follow rules and it’s a game again. I mean the DMz toons are already kitted out with unimaginable goodies, why is there a need to go further and make your “legal” toon illegal. Are you like one of those uber bosses in Celestia/Abyss/DWP that will give us cool drops when we survive your onslaught of 77 DC death spells and 75 DC grease.

Even Sioxanala only has a 59 DC implode.

I mean its just a game, and if the DM’s are going to play the game with us, sink down to our level so to speak, then it behooves you to play by the rules. Otherwise you set a bad precedent. If anything goes for the DM’s, silly and unwise people might begin to think that anything goes for them as well.

Anyway, you said your wizard was getting killed a lot so I guess that justifies cheating in your mind. Really not that big of a deal, in the short term, but it defeats the purpose of playing the game if one side is just going to make it so they can win regardless. Some of the DM’s like to build gimmick toons that aren’t about winning and are about having fun with the game, so why ruin that spirit of having fun with “super” spells. ;) It doesn’t make sense.

Post subject: Re: DMz
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:36 am 
PKer

I was little miff'd too but played on. Enjoying each stroke of my scythe as we laid waste to them regardless.
Was hoping for some sort of reward besides multiple notches in my belt but so it goes.

As kind of a random encounter it was fine but if (mighty dcs) become that frequent I'll just go play somewhere else. It's a big server, lots to do, lots to kill :twisted:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:00 am 
Spamalot

:lol:
Cheeze Wiz is awesome... He is so powerful he can kill him self with his own gust of wind!

I may have exaggerated a little bit there.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:32 am 
Dungeon Master

Yuppers.. good ole Cheeze Wiz.. can kill him self with his own gust of wind! Let just say that the particular Gust of Wind is not a casted spell either.

cRaZy8or5e: Cheeze Wiz is not a member of "the dastardly DMz" although you might see him with the DMz from time to time. He's a beast of a different color all together. He has a very specific job and that's to kill off as many players as possible. After all his favorite expression is: "I hate you all".

If you watch closely, for all his power - for all his CHEEZE he is one wiz that uses the respawn button more than anyone else.

And what relic was Cheeze raiding? From what I saw you were raiding ours. Ya step into LA to steal.. expect the unexpected. :mrgreen:

Cheeze: Only a 75 DC save??? We're going to have to fix that..... :twisted:

Berronar Truesilver - The Revered Mother

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:55 am 
PKer

You say the point of it is so Cheese Wiz can kill as many people as possible, cuz he hates us all. :lol: That doesn't seem like a very good reason. So don't go to LA to play unless you want to try and overcome a toon that cheats, that isn't part of the DMz, but we all know is a DM. Why pose as a character, when you can just log in Avatars of the Gods and then an over the top DC like that is more easily justified.

But anyway, lesson learned. I won't contend for relics in LA anymore, or when DMz are raiding. Its not worth it to "play" against a toon that is outrageous. Worse, how are we to know when others aren't cheating in the same manner. As I said before the whole idea of Cheese Wiz sets a bad precedent.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:11 am 
Newbie Helper

bring a HIPser, he can't spot. in fact there are quite a few of the DMz toon's (at least 3) that i've fought that couldn't spot.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:32 am 
Lord DM Supreme

you don't need to spot when you can insta kill an area. actually, i was on earlier looking at the effects of some mage spells (the only reliable way to test is for them to be unresistable) and i didn't feel like relogging. my dc's used to be in the high 80's. the fact that i died 4 times more than any other player out there should tell you that i went out of my way to avoid throwing dc based spells.

i know the dc's are horrid, thats why i debuff and run or throw silly things like tasha's hideous laughter...which btw someone saved against then plowed my face with a scythe.

----------------------------------

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:13 am 
Pk Bait

I liked it yesterday :) Good fight everyone. Too bad I came bit late..

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:56 am 
Relic Raider

cRaZy8or5e wrote:
But in the relic warfare, there is an expected decorum, where people will follow rules and it’s a game again. I mean the DMz toons are already kitted out with unimaginable goodies, why is there a need to go further and make your “legal” toon illegal. Are you like one of those uber bosses in Celestia/Abyss/DWP that will give us cool drops when we survive your onslaught of 77 DC death spells and 75 DC grease.

Even Sioxanala only has a 59 DC implode.

I mean its just a game, and if the DM’s are going to play the game with us, sink down to our level so to speak, then it behooves you to play by the rules. Otherwise you set a bad precedent. If anything goes for the DM’s, silly and unwise people might begin to think that anything goes for them as well.

Anyway, you said your wizard was getting killed a lot so I guess that justifies cheating in your mind. Really not that big of a deal, in the short term, but it defeats the purpose of playing the game if one side is just going to make it so they can win regardless. Some of the DM’s like to build gimmick toons that aren’t about winning and are about having fun with the game, so why ruin that spirit of having fun with “super” spells. ;) It doesn’t make sense.

Ive been here 10 months and still cant even dream of having the gear that the 'locals' have forgotten about on thier personal mules. Meaing that Ill be at the disadvantage in PvP encounters, but thats ok, those 'locals' have put in the time here.

Then there are toonz blessed by the Gods with full book access as well as all the nice gear Ive yet to discover, these are played by the staff, who have put in serious time as well. A lil off balance, but not too bitter to swallow.

And we come to da 'Cheeze Wizz" , who used to run arround creating general mayhem, as any anarchist would do. Gloryous in its cheesy unexpected nature, despite the God like powers posing as an avearge 'you can make one too' toon.

Bring that toon into the 'Relic Wars' which tout there continual effort for 'balance'. And you get the dissapointment of dissillusioned players that want to respect the 'powers that be' but find it difficut in the light of reality.
The result? If there is going to be Cheez Wizz served at relic events, Id rather eat rice cakes, aka cup coasters.

Fergus Glonshire [FoN] - Sakij Lovac [FoN] - Zatharus Rivermoon (TSS) - Bumble (TSS) - Body built for SyN

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:31 pm 
Dungeon Master

Here's some info for you all.

There are some super tweeked character that some of us staff have. They are known as super tweeked. And they all die. There's Cheeze Wiz who has been around for a while DM_Ghostly has one and I have [[Calamity Jane]] which many a player has had encounters with. They are nothing more than PC's to catch and gang up on. WE find it relaxing getting down and dirty from time to time with these PC's. Even though when we get gang ganked and have to respawn we're right back at it.

Then there is the DMz set of staff PC's. These are all 100% legal all without job bonus tokens, any one of them can be built by any player willing to invest the time and effort. DMz will raid other factions and run relics back to LA just for the fun of it. We sure as heck don;t do it for the XP bonus. That also put the LA relic back into play after a relic system reset. We could always just keep the castle doors locked with the LA relic inside, instead once in a while we want to rock as a team. Which has happened so rarely in the past.

Staff can not join guilds. We do party here and their with our regular leveling PC's, so this is how we have a bit of team fun. Staff don;t enter into any contest event with any of their PC's. On occasion a staff will run with an XP event to help lvl their regular PC. rarely do we have the time to get together to party even with one another because of server obligations, time zones and real life.

So for those who are scared of 76 DC, who want to call it cheating and don't want to come to LA to raid when we get together and make some time for our fun, that's just fine with me.

Keep in mind how many thousands of hours the staff have put into your pleasure, your fun.. then for you to try and deny us a couple of hours of fun in the manor in which we chose. No how, no way. There was more than one whine about this 75 DC as if Cheeze Wiiz raiding relics daily, entering into events and stealing off the top prizes.. etc..

Relax, it's a game, have fun with the staff. DM's and Devs do test stuff and a battle royal is the perfect time to test various effects. LA is now our DMz Home Town. If your the type that can't have fun with whatever you might encounter there, then when the action starts up, stay away.

There are just too many players that have one heck of a great time PK'ing the hell out of DM PC's regardless of DC or other abilities.

Berronar Truesilver - The Revered Mother

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:13 pm 
Newbie Helper

i don't think this thread was started up stating that they didn't want to fight with DMz because of relics, it's more that to help raid/defend there is a "uber" toon helping the DMz's raid/defend.

as for devs/dm's instant 40's, i for one think they should do this, they put alot into this game and should be able to enjoy it especially the PvP part of it. i know that i "barely" get time to level 40's anymore and i don't even dev, if i did i would NEVER have time to actually play. so they should be able to make all the 40's they want with all thier gear and such.

LA having relics, i've been saying for a while i'd like to see the DM's make LA "thier" faction and take the relics there. . it's alot better than them raiding and just holding onto relics or dropping them off for different factions to take.

people are just upset that when they think they had a fair fight with DMz and find cheeze wiz's wail or other DC 70 something spells it's not really "fun" for them, and after a while the PVP will stop because no one will want to raid them. and isn't that the reason why DMz started this? for the pvp and wanting people to come take the relics back?

no offense against cheeze wiz, i don't have a problem messing with him, you just have to stun him before he can let out that wail, or bring a few casters to counter him lol

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:15 pm 
PKer

Amoenotep wrote:
i know the dc's are horrid, thats why i debuff and run or throw silly things like tasha's hideous laughter...which btw someone saved against then plowed my face with a scythe.

Oh i was laughing hideously alright :twisted:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:42 pm 
-2 Penalty in Daylight

Alkapwn wrote:
Amoenotep wrote:

Oh i was laughing hideously alright :twisted:

I'm still laughing about Tep's Gust of Wind slamming a door in your face :)

Alkapwn wrote:
NC has the most amazing melee build there is. Its a friggin unstopable juggernaut of pain.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:30 pm 
Professor Nerfalicious

I miss PvP... haven't played NS4 since early Janurary :(

I get a lot more deving done when I'm not playing though... :D

[ Brilhasti ap Tarj ]
[ ...Darkfalz... ]
[ Azchekelon ]

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:32 pm 
PKer

LinuxPup wrote:
I miss PvP... haven't played NS4 since early Janurary :(

I get a lot more deving done when I'm not playing though... :D

Well, then I give you my permission to build an army of insta-40's and go to town (like you need anyone's permission).