Neversummer Realms Forums

Official Neversummer Forums for NWN1
It is currently Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:06 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic   [ 365 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next
 Post subject: Re: NS4 Change Log
PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:39 pm 
Absentee Ballot Dev

So, big patch today.

We have some weapons tweaks, designed to favour weaker weapons.

Alright, a big one: Implode and BBOD are now AoE spells, of the non friendly variety.

As we've lately had a few complaints about CoTs being so OP because they "hit the caps by themselves", we're raising the ability and AB caps to 30 and 40 respectively. CoTs should no longer hit caps quite so easily.

The XP formula has rebalanced to tweak the risk vs reward mechanisms.

Gave shifters back half of their extra boots AC.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:07 pm 
Absentee Ballot Dev

All toons involved in the escapades of April 1 are now deleted.

Drop rates tweaked in several planes.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:17 am 
-2 Penalty in Daylight

XP penalties from having 3 base classes should be gone for kill xp (well not sure that's the only case, there's problems with some prcs too--racial differences that were supposed to be addressed and may have not should also be fixed). I haven't really looked into whether fixing the other small sources of xp will be a huge undertaking, but did want to get that part fixed. Large parties (more than 8 in the same area near each other) will not get relic bonus xp or complete jobs and quests from killing (that's a lot of them) and hopefully that removes a TMI error.

There's some new stuff to ignore on the diary's identify page.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:56 pm 
-2 Penalty in Daylight

Finally, what you've all been waiting for, 120 more shades of brownish green to dye your clothes with interesting names like Greenish Brown. Some names changed but most will match http://wiki.avlis.org/Dynamic_Dye_Color_Chart

Old dyes will continue to work and merchants will still accept them. I gave more uses on the dyes, but substantially less sell value :) As I generated everything mostly procedurally, there's probably some guinea pigging to be done, especially since I only checked the 4th color of metal in the database to make sure they were all swallowed correctly.

Blame goes to MrAsimov on this one, thanks for testing and making sure I didn't name them all Brownish.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:15 pm 
-2 Penalty in Daylight

Moved the haste counters slow part of the haste script up. I.e. if you get slowed (magical source, usually a spell), a casting of haste will remove the slow effect. Whether it needs a bigby exception, I didn't think about too much :)

- Knock: Find a nearby locked object. If it requires a key tell you. Make a check against the lock dc of caster level (limit 15 cast, or 5 from item) plus spelldc. If check succeeds, target unlocks, if you're within 20 it tells you the lock dc. (Max of 56 if my math can be trusted, but good god trans focus feats.)
- Stone to Flesh (can be self-cast sometimes, if not you can always target an item in inventory): Check if target is a creature and needs to be unpetrified, if so do that. Otherwise, same as knock with caster level limit of 40 + 10, or 20 from item. (Max being 34 higher.)
Don't edit the wiki just yet, need to see in practice before saying they're great.

Messed with some good v evil summons to make parity a little better. Events will keep eventuating on that front.

- Acid Fog: removed the dodgy slows stuff and sr check parts. 8d6 enter, 4d6 per round, respects meta-magic properly, same duration (half CL rounds, max 10 rounds).
- Aura of Vitality: still 2 for clerics, scroll. 4 for druid or Elysian ammy (which is also considered extended). About 2 round/CL duration.

This doesn't mean I'm going through spells alphabetically, just two things I wanted to deal with (the danger of doing anything with acid fog lol).

Undead summon leveling calculation adjusted, didn't make sense that using a scroll was usually better than casting the spell. Some things I'm not certain work right on this still, but some progress might be better than none.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:57 am 
Absentee Ballot Dev

A few tweaks + fixes to illusion spells:

Blindness/Deafness and Mass Blindness/Deafness now both last 8 rounds, up from 3 rounds.

Phantasmal Killer and Weird now correctly scale with illusion spell focus feats.

Phantasmal Killer
Default: (CL/8)d6
SF: (CL/8 + 1)d6
GSF: (CL/8 + 2)d6
ESF: (CL/8 + 4)d6

Weird
Default: (CL/5) d6
SF: (CL/5 + 2) d6
GSF: (CL/5 + 4) d6
ESF: (CL/5 + 8\) d6
Now correctly applies this damage and a -4 strength drain when the will save is failed.

Finally, with ESF illusion, ethereal visage has been bumped up to 50% illusion and will no longer be removed by invis purge.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:26 am 
Absentee Ballot Dev

Bugfixes and gentle nerfing:

AO token lowered to +2 max bonuses. I had a chat with a few AO people, and they mostly seemed pretty on board with this, so I guess it's probably still a little too good :).

XP formula in the case of Big Game Hunting fixed. Was previously giving reduced XP for low levels trying on harder foes. (oops)

Githyanki Double Sword now has keen. (double oops)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:18 am 
Absentee Ballot Dev

Minor CR tweaks.

Erinyes from 36 (???) to 41.
Pit fiend from 14 to 16 (might be a touch high, let me know).
King Gustav is a boss now.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 8:57 pm 
Absentee Ballot Dev

Fairly major backend tweaks; not much forward facing.

Please let me know if there is server lag or any bugs, especially relating to character deletion, character creation or book usage. Anyone who finds a new bug in one of those categories is eligible for a +2 book reward.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:13 pm 
Absentee Ballot Dev

Blackguard buffs (much to Lokey's mild dismay):

At level 20 blackguard, divine might and divine shield duration is doubled. Additionally, their corrupt weapon begins affecting neutral foes at level 20 instead of level 30.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:57 pm 
Absentee Ballot Dev

Related to the backend work we did a few days back, Weapon Focus: Trident now correctly gives 1 AB.
Note: This is unchanged from when we did the backend changes a few days back, but I only verified it today :).

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:42 pm 
Absentee Ballot Dev

Celestia and Abyss keys are now a little more intuitive.

Tiamat Morningstar now correctly requires level 35 to use.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:10 pm 
Absentee Ballot Dev

Yay lots of cool stuff:

- We took our TMI limit and doubled it: Hopefully no more mass haste related "Too Many Instructions" shenanigans.
- Stun fist balancing attempt #1: DC now only goes up by one per ISF feat, and you can't attempt to stun a target that's already stunned.
- HiPS balancing attempt #1: You can now only enter stealth mode once every 6 seconds.

Details are pretty easy for us to change later, so if you're an anxious stunner, or a hipser not looking forward to relinquishing complete dominance, write some feedback for us and we'll take it into consideration.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:07 am 
Absentee Ballot Dev

Made the stealth mode cooldown message half as spammy.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:09 pm 
Absentee Ballot Dev

Reduced stealth mode cooldown to 4 seconds, from 6.
Stealth mode cooldown now only applies to characters with the Hide in Plain Sight feat.

Post new topic   [ 365 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next